Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Baby Brooke's Princess Room, Perfect for a little Girls' Nursery

Brooke's nursery was so much fun to do. Once I chose the rug from Pottery Barn Teen, it was easy to choose fabrics from Bari J. Ackerman and Tanya Whelan! All the rest came from diy projects and repainting pieces from GW, Craigslist and garage sales.  Never doubt the potential a piece might have.  If you like the shape and style... it can be transformed into anything.  In the hopes of helping out another family, I entered our dream come true nursery into Posh Tots Design Dynamo Contest and became one of 10 fabulous finalists! What an honor! It was a close call to the end, and we came in 2nd place .

I am blessed to have an Aunt Jan that is extremely talented in the quilting department.  She sewed the pillows and quilt, and I sewed the bumper, crib skirt and curtains!


The ceiling medallion is from Lowe's. I hand-painted it with acrylics.


Aunt Jan even did a baby doll quilt!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!