Friday, October 5, 2012

Nesting! Decorating a Nursery and Master Bedroom

My daughter's nursery is a finalist in the Light Division in the Color Contest. If you have a moment, register on Apartment Therapy for great Decor ideas and "Favorite" the room.  The room with the most votes by October 29th wins!  When I had some "Nesting" ideas for our home... my husband said, "Good luck with that!" Well, I called his bluff, and now I am honored with being a finalist!  We have a 3 bedroom ranch... our 2 boys share a room, and our dd has her own little palace, so with Baby #4 on the way... looks like he will be sharing with us for a while until he hangs with his big brothers in their big space!
My "Nesting" ideas entails tackling the Master Bedroom and Family Room, which would then re-shuffling the finished basement.  In my mind it's simple!  Repaint the master with a shade of gray, stencil a focal wall with a damask pattern or even birch trees. There's a great post on stenciling here.

 Get new lighting fixtures, or make them.
I love this Seychelles chandelier from Serena and Lily... 
I really like the idea of some yellow accents... Look at this dresser and the redo here.
And the baby might be with us in the Master for a while... our babies tend to be on the small side and fit the bassinet for a good few months... it's fun looking at fabrics and I completely fell in love with this fabric due in December from designer Sarah Watts for Blend fabrics.
Last, but not least, I would make a mobile from these sweet ornaments found at Pottery Barn.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!