Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Nursery Wall Gallery with a Woodland Feel... A DIY for the baby!

We have a 3 bedroom home, so baby number 4 is bunking with the hubby and myself in his nursery nook in the Master bedroom.  It could have been my nesting hormones taking over or just my need to decorate, but I wanted to have a nursery wall gallery for our sweet little blessing!  Since I was bunking in the hospital at week 32 for our little man... I had to save this for a summer project... consider it my summer project series... I bounce from one to another... leaving some unfinished until I get the fire under my tail to continue... Thank God my husband is patient and feeds my creative soul!

First... I laid out my frames to get an idea of how I wanted to hang things and took a picture of it for reference... some are from Goodwill, the lacey wooden cutouts were clearance from Michaels... the "organic" wooden frames, museum white frame (I will spray paint that), and J are from Hobby Lobby.


Second, I started putting holes in the wall and hanging up pictures... I have to admit, I am a little nervous about placing holes in the wall, but you have to take an attitude that spackle and paint can fix it and to just get going... that doesn't mean be hasty, but just take a deep breath and place the nail and hook.


Third... I started to move things around and hole, schmole... the finished product looks great and there are so many pictures you don't know where my first sets of holes are... so it's a win, win.  Honestly there are some great tutorials on Pinterest on creating wall galleries... I am happy with ours.  Some art I made myself, some I found on ETSY, and the owls are from a garage sale!


This owl is one of my favorites and it was my Mother in Law's... she used the frame for graduation photos of my husband and siblings in their old house... who would have known this sweet print was behind it.  I LOVED the owl print! It is super special... first of all, I just love the image. To me, it represents a momma looking after its youngling (heart be still, I love it so much) and it second... I have a special family member that LOVES owls, plus my Mom-in-law gave it to me. Triple whammy special. Isn't it cool, kinda retro special too!


I still have some spray painting and art and pics to fill, but I am happy with it!  Overall cost is inexpensive too because you print out quotes, make your art and get frames inexpensively anywhere.

Just part of my summer projects... so happy to have something on the wall in our little nursery nook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!