Friday, November 9, 2012

Easy Sweet Treats for a Pretty Party!

I hosted a little get together and wanted to have a spread of treats that were easy to prepare and didn't break the bank.  I sent my hubby to the grocery store and he came home with a few packages of strawberries, kiwi and grapes.  This is what I prepared.

  I made sugar cookie dough (My Favorite Recipe) and used a scalloped square cookie cutter.  I added sugar to some cream cheese (to taste) spread it on the cookies... added kiwi and strawberries and there you have mini fruit pizzas! 
I used the left over fruit to put in little glass cups.  I purchased the glasses from GW for .50 cents each and I use them often for dessert tables. They are very handy to have!
My mom gave me all of her milk glass and I love it for dessert tables and displaying treats!  Chocolate dipped strawberries... and chocolate dipped oreos. I always have white chocolate and chocolate bark on hand.
Mini cupcakes... I like to pipe the frosting on and sprinkles are fun too! Use a ziploc bag with the tip cut for a rounded effect.
I love checking out the plates and housewares at GW and the thrift store because you never know what you are going to find.  If I find a cake plate... I buy it. I like to play with dessert table presentation and I use them all the time! 
 
I have a dozen of these snack plates from the 70's. They are elegant and perfect for a get together. They have matching drinking glasses and cost me $12 all together!

Princess approved party!  She is as sweet as the cupcakes I prepared! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!