Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Painted Pink Chair- Hand painted goodness

I enjoy a good find.  When I came across this fabric by Bari J. Ackerman, I knew this beautiful fabric was a treasure!  It the inspiration for my daughter's nursery.  I love the pink and blue combination and it is so sweet with the birds.  It is from Bari J. Ackerman's debut line called Full Bloom, and I have been a huge fan since!



I have 4 of these chairs.  I love the classic shape and details in the legs. They are sturdy and oak.  If you are a naturalist... you don't paint oak, however... I wanted to take a risk.  We sanded the chair.

I painted it a pale pink. Sanded the edges for a shabby cottage look and hand painted the rest with acrylics. 

When I was finished with the details, I painted a coat of polyurethane over it.  I was happy with the results and donated it to a silent auction to help raise money for a special cause dear to my heart.  It feels good to give the chair a new life, and raise funds for dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!