Sunday, December 30, 2012

Decking the dining room Chandelier... a before and after!

I enjoy thrift shopping... and saw this light, but I passed it up the first time I saw it.  Thank goodness it was still there when I went back to get it.  


$13 total! no tax... perfect for our dining room.  I painted it with some metallic paint that I bought at Michaels.  
I used an antique bronze from Tricoat's sophisticated finishes line.  At Michaels, a small bottle of this is around $7 or $8 and goes a long way.  It is cheaper if you use a 40% off coupon.  Use your smartphone because Michaels honors online coupons from their competitors!  It goes on with the consistency of nail polish remover and looks great.

Finished product...
I enjoy using this light as a centerpiece for the room and every year is different. For Christmas, I wrapped 2 garlands around it and then hung ornaments from it.  Pretty and festive.


Don't disgard those dated brass lights... you never know what you might have with a new finish.  With some patience and a paint brush... you can save yourself some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!