Monday, December 31, 2012

Little apron for a Big Princess!

Just being a mommy is inspiration for many projects... especially as the children grow and their imaginations soar... so does mine along with them.  Our little Princess is a mini hostess with a love for tea parties... so for Christmas, I made this sweet apron and found a wooden kitchen set on craigslist that was destined to be pink!  (Another project for another post).  I love making aprons... and my dd loves wearing it while she serves cookies and cupcakes...
Dena Designs created the birds... they are so sweet.  At $10.50 a yard, I bought just 1/4 yard of it and saved it for something or some one special. 

Butterfly ribbon and ric arc are from Hancock's Fabric ribbon bins.

The pocket is Bari J. Ackerman's first fabulous line of fabric, called Full Bloom.  I am in love with this fabric line and I wish I would have purchased bolts of it.  

Tanya Whelan's Ava Rose ruffles and waist ties.

Heather Bailey zig zag fabric from Pop Garden made the straps and adorned with cupcake grosgrain because I love hearing my dd say, "I love cupcakes!" in her sweet little 2 1/2 year old voice.  The under side is Princess Cinderella from Hobby Lobby! $3 a yard! I love a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!