Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dreamy Dollhouse: Customize your Doll's house!


I have a lovely dollhouse that my dad built for me, but my daughter, Brooke, is too young to appreciate the lovely details and hand work that went into it.  This Pottery Barn Kids Dollhouse is perfect for her doll house play.  The furniture is well constructed and great for little hands.  We found the house and vacation cottage with the furniture for less than $100 on craigslist.  The Grandma's helped out with that.
So much fun for imaginative play!
I purchased these castle sets a while back for a whopping $5.99 each at Pottery Barn Kids.  Yep, they do have great sales.  Great furniture, just didn't suit a pink dollhouse and blue cottage, so I customized it.

I used Bari J. Ackerman's fabric... she is a FABULOUS fabric designer .  If you ever want to add to your fabric stash... check out her beautiful fabrics.  She inspires me!
I took the maroon fabric pieces carefully off and used spray adhesive to cover with new fabrics. Then glued the pieces back on with E6000 glue.  If you don't own a tube of this glue, you need it!  I use it to fix everything and it is great for crafting too, and you can get it anywhere!
Then for a little added detail, I painted flowers using acrylic paint, all you do is make a mark with a small paintbrush... you can do it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!