Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fancy Frocks for a fun Vacation! Upcycling a Tank +1/4 yard + 1/4 yard= Dress

My children's photo won the Pillsbury's People Celebrate More Contest!  I entered the contest in the hopes of winning and taking another family on vacation that much deserved it.  What a blessing!  We leave in a few weeks and all 11 of us are heading to Walt Disney World.  In preparation, I want to make some cute clothes for the girls on the trip! That would be my daughter, Brooke, and the Uptergrove girls... Abigail, Emma, Isabella and Olivia!  Yep! 5 girls, 2 boys and 4 adults!  There is nothing that we could have purchased that would take place of the memories we will all make on this trip.  
This sweet little frock was so easy and inexpensive to make!  I purchased the tank at Target for $7.00.  I really like the neckline, and it comes in 4 different colors.  I had to buy at least one!
Polka dot sash and Minnie fabric are from Hobby Lobby.  Hobby Lobby's fabric is always 30% off of the marked price, so that is $4.89 a yard.  I purchased 1/4 of yard of each at $1.22 for a total of $2.44!  You can use a 40% off coupon instead of taking the standard 30% off, so bring your smart phone and save an extra 10% off of one cut of fabric.  That would be $1.05 for a 1/4 yard!  What a deal!  You can find cute fabrics at Hancock's too, and they will honor competitor's coupons... HL is the easiest to pull up on my iphone.  Hancock's already has Brave fabric too!

The Minnie shoes were a find at GW, and they were in Brooke's size! I  paid $2.00.  So outfit in all, a little over $10.00!  I can't wait to share the rest of their Disney Wardrobe!  Too much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!