Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happy Halter: Free Pattern and Tutorial

This is part 2 of my daughter's little Disney outfit that I up-cycled the bottoms and created the top.  I love how my daughter looks in a cute v-neck and a halter is the way to go!  I mocked a top that she already has and made this quick 3 pc pattern + the skirt.
I was excited how this turned out.  I just wish my dd was a little more cooperative modeling it for me.
Cut 2 bodice fronts, one for interior and one for exterior.
Don't mind my chicken scratches... but use this free pattern if it is helpful to you.  This made a size 2T.


First, sew the halter straps to the bodice.  Do this to both bodice pieces.
2nd, sew the interior bodice and straps to exterior and press seams.

For the back (red polka dots) sew a few stitch lines for the elastic.  Use about 8'" of elastic for a 2T.  Put the elastic in and sew the side seam to the halter front.

Next, I clipped the fabric for the length of skirt I wanted, tore it for perfect line, finished one raw edge and then gathered along the other edge.  I sewed the skirt to the halter top and back.  Last was to sew the second side seam to finish the top.
Here is the finished product.  For my dd, it was a little baggy (she is small), so I  pinched and sewed right down the center of the halter, making a long dart.  I added a white strip of fabric for a little detail and then made a fabric flower.  I love Joy Stallard and Snazziedrawers tutorials and patterns that you can purchase.  There are tons of talented women out there and you might be inspired to follow their free tutorials on how to make fabric flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!