Thursday, January 3, 2013

Act out your Favorite Books, great kids activity... We love David Shannon!



One of our favorite children's authors is David Shannon!  My children love the character, David, and all his mischief!  For a summer activity, we decided to recreate the book, No, David.  If you are familiar with the book, I have shared just a FEW of our splendid pages with you because we had fun and shamelessly recreated the book in its entirety!  My 5, 4 and 2 year old had a blast!  My dd, who is the youngest can now read the book on her own.  She has it memorized.  We recreated the scenes with our own personal flair, adding personal touches like the Pillsbury Dough Boy cookie jar, and we created scenes of our own.  For example, our son, Matthew painted his 8x10 Pottery Barn rug with cobalt blue acrylic paint... we have a scene that represents that fine day.  First, we took all the pictures.  Secondly, I put them into a word program to add the text in a specific font.  Then we saved the document as a pdf.  Once we completed the book, we sent it off for publishing.  There are many photo book publishing companies out there, but we used viovio.com because they published 2 page spread books in portrait view, rather than landscape and were very reasonable.  The softcovers were $15 for a 40+ page book... I love that my kiddos have this to share with their children some day.   We had a blast making it, and it was a surprise gift for daddy who got the biggest chuckle out of it!


















Go figure... they all wanted to do this scene!







We even have #4 in this one... Being a mommy is  such a blessing. 


2 comments:

  1. Dawn,
    I would love to see your fabulous book. Please have Mark bring it to school for me. You are one of the most talented women I know!!!!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet comment. I feel the same way about you... teaching those little ones ALL day takes A LOT of talent and blessings. You were handpicked by GOD for that job!

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!