Sunday, January 6, 2013

Master Bedroom Transformations... Time for a Change... Again


In all its splendor... this is our home when we purchased it in July of 2009!  A 70's fixer upper, right down to the multi colored shag carpeting... the decor hadn't changed since the home was built, and we loved the opportunities it presented us... most of all square footage! Lots of room for a future family.  We're maxing it out with the 4th baby on the way, and I am itching to redecorate... we can call it "nesting".
A major bummer is that our digital camera was running out of battery power when taking all the BEFORE shots, so we just jumped into working and don't have many original photos.   A MAJOR regret.  This was before picture cell phones... otherwise we would have been in the clear and you would have seen this room in it's glory with wallpaper  and bright royal blue shag carpeting.



Decked with my husband's bachelor pad furniture, we painted the room a tan color with a dark brown accent wall... my husband hated the brown wall... I didn't mind it, but we ended up just painting the room a Ben Moore Manchester Tan. My hubby busted his butt putting wood flooring throughout the entire home.
This is the current state the bedroom is in.  2 Christmas' ago, I painted over that boring tan... and it is this caramel color.  I like it, but am not in LOVE with the color... so off to the hardware store to get paint swatches... I want a GRAY.





How to get this look...
Ethan Allen Armoire: craigslist... $250
Pottery Barn King Pine Bed: craigslist... $100
8x10 Pottery Barn rug: clearance + discount... $180
Home Depot ceiling fan... $40
left dresser/nightstand: craigslist... $10
right dresser/nightstand: goodwill... $20
long navy Thomasville dresser (as seen in son's bedroom): craigslist... $FREE
pair of chairs: goodwill...$20 for set
Pottery Barn Bedding: king cream velvet comforter $60, Bettina duvet and shams $120
lamps from GW: $20
shades are from Target donations at GW: $10
TOTAL is less than $1000, not bad.

today I changed out the rug... got GRAY paint swatches, and bought an antique desk that might go under the left window for $20 at GW!  Good-bye caramel brown. I don't know what I was thinking... So this is the BEFORE... stay tuned for the AFTER!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!