Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cupcake Creations, Piping Cupcakes with Kids!

The kids have had a really good week and frankly, I was craving chocolate cake.  To make it fun for everyone, I made cupcakes and let the kids decorate with piped frosting from zip lock bags.  We used some leftover treats from our gingerbread kits too.

I made 2 dozen cupcakes and lightly frosted them with some Pillsbury light blue Vanilla icing.

After icing all the cupcakes, I added more blue food coloring and confectioners sugar to thicken up the frosting.

We placed the icing into ziplock bags and let the children be creative.  While I was baking, my boys were intrigued with some how to videos on Youtube.com.  We particularly LOVE howtocookthat.net.  Ann Reardon can pipe really pretty flowers using zip lock bags... you should check it out!


Even the princess got into the action... she enjoyed the candy pieces.

In the end, you can't tell who did what... they are so pretty!


If you are looking for some toddler fun... check out Ann Reardon's channel on youtube.  All you need is some plastic bags, icing, food coloring, confectioners sugar, scissors and cake mix... then have some fun!  We did.  Some cupcakes disappeared while decorating, but that is half the fun!  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and are inspiring to me... so feel free to share your thoughts!